1/3 Photos of Chocolate Swiss Roll
I love this recipe, it is sooo easy to make but looks really special when done! Oh & it tastes fantastic too! I sometimes add fresh strawberries to the whipped cream for a nice change.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to moderately hot (200c). Lightly grease a swiss roll tin (12 x 10inch)& line the base with baking paper, extending the edges over the two long sides.
- 2Beat the eggs & 1/3 cup of the caster sugar with electric beaters until thick & creamy.
- 3Using a metal spoon, gently fold in the combined sifted flour & cocoa.
- 4Spread the mixture into the tin & smooth the surface.
- 5Bake for 10 -12 mins, or until the cake is just set.
- 6Meanwhile, place a clean tea towel on a work surface, cover with baking paper & sprinkle with the remaining caster sugar.
- 7When the cake is cooked, turn it out immediately onto the sugar. Roll the cake up from the short side - rolling the paper inside the cake.
- 8Stand the rolled cake on a wire rack for 5 mins, then carefully unroll & allow the cake to cool to room temperature.
- 9Beat the cream, icing sugar & vanilla essence until stiff peaks form.
- 10Spread the cream over the cake, leaving a 1/2 inch border all the way around.
- 11Re-roll the cake (without the paper). Place the cake seam-side down onto serving tray.
- 12Refrigerate until serving - dust with extra icing sugar before serving.
- 13Cut into slices to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Swiss Roll
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1552.5
- Calories from Fat 805
- Total Fat 89.4 g
- Saturated Fat 50.9 g
- Cholesterol 823.2 mg
- Sodium 296.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 162.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 124.4 g
- Protein 29.2 g