1/3 Photos of Chocolate-Swirled Pound Cake
1 hr 40 mins
From Southern Living, September 1997.
My Private Note
10 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy.
- 2Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- 4Add flour to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- 5Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- 6Stir in vanilla.
- 7Combine 1 cup batter and chocolate syrup, stirring until blended.
- 8Divide remaining batter in half; pour 1 portion into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- 9Spoon half of chocolate batter on top; repeat layers.
- 10Gently swirl batter with a knife.
- 11Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Swirled Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8499.4
- Calories from Fat 3808
- Total Fat 423.1 g
- Saturated Fat 253.5 g
- Cholesterol 2273.7 mg
- Sodium 3661.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1088.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.7 g
- Sugars 654.6 g
- Protein 106.2 g