Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My daughter made this coffee cake for some of us here at the home! Needless to say, we want to know when we will be treated again? Hint, hint.:)
STREUSEL TOPPING AND FILLING
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 ounces godiva dark chocolate, chopped (1 bar)
- 1⁄4 cup cake flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- confectioners' sugar
- MAKE FILLING AND TOPPING:.
- Place sugar, pecans and cinnamon in food processor.
- Cover and pulse until nuts are coarsely chopped.
- Transfer 3/4 cup of mixture to small bowl and stir in chocolate for filling.
- To remaining mixture in food processor add flour, cocoa powder and butter and pulse until mixture is crumbly for topping.
- MAKE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Butter bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan & dust pan with flour, tapping out excess.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl; whisk to combine and set aside.
- Beat butter at medium-high speed in mixing bowl for 1 minute or until creamy, using electric mixer at medium-high speed.
- Gradually add sugar and beat at high speed until well blended and light, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Reduce speed to low and alternately add dry ingredients and sour cream, beginning and ending with dry ingredients and mixing just until combined.
- Scrape half of batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Sprinkle with filling.
- Scrape remaining batter over filling and smooth top.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 65 to 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean and cake pulls away from edge of pan.
- Let cake cool in pan set on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove side of pan and cool completely.
- Dust cake lightly with confectioners’ sugar before serving.