1 hr 15 mins
My daughter made this coffee cake for some of us here at the home! Needless to say, we want to know when we will be treated again? Hint, hint.:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
STREUSEL TOPPING AND FILLING
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 ounces godiva dark chocolate, chopped (1 bar)
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1MAKE FILLING AND TOPPING:.
- 2Place sugar, pecans and cinnamon in food processor.
- 3Cover and pulse until nuts are coarsely chopped.
- 4Transfer 3/4 cup of mixture to small bowl and stir in chocolate for filling.
- 5To remaining mixture in food processor add flour, cocoa powder and butter and pulse until mixture is crumbly for topping.
- 6MAKE CAKE:
- 7Preheat oven to 325°F
- 8Butter bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan & dust pan with flour, tapping out excess.
- 9Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl; whisk to combine and set aside.
- 10Beat butter at medium-high speed in mixing bowl for 1 minute or until creamy, using electric mixer at medium-high speed.
- 11Gradually add sugar and beat at high speed until well blended and light, about 2 minutes.
- 12Add eggs and yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- 13Beat in vanilla extract.
- 14Reduce speed to low and alternately add dry ingredients and sour cream, beginning and ending with dry ingredients and mixing just until combined.
- 15Scrape half of batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- 16Sprinkle with filling.
- 17Scrape remaining batter over filling and smooth top.
- 18Sprinkle with topping.
- 19Bake 65 to 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean and cake pulls away from edge of pan.
- 20Let cake cool in pan set on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 21Remove side of pan and cool completely.
- 22Dust cake lightly with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Swirl Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.4
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 155.5 mg
- Sodium 255.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g