A Donna Hay recipe
Make and share this Chocolate Swirl Scone Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place flour and sugar in bowl, mix to combine.
- Add butter and rub into flour till like breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in milk.
- Gradually mix in milk with a knife till just combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, gently bring dough together.
- Roll out to 18cms x 24 cms, sprinkle with chocolate.
- Roll up to enclose, place in a loaf pan 19cms x 9cms.
- Brush with extra milk, bake 30 minutes.
- Cool in tin 5 minutes the turn onto rack, slice to serve.
You can never really go wrong with a Donna Hay recipe...this is so simple and oh so tasty...was a little bit sweet for me so would cut the sugar back a bit next time but mmm yum! Thanks for posting!
Mmm, what an awesome chocolatey loaf! So great to look at and so tasty, too! YUM, we all loved it! :) My sis made this for me as a surprise and said it was very easy to work with the dough, but that she also reduced the milk. We were out of ap flour, so she used whole wheat and added some baking powder and salt to it. She also reduced the chocolate by half and there was still plenty in there. ;) The swirl was really pretty and we devoured this in an instant. lol
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a real keeper with us, Kate! :)
Made and reviewed for Everyday Tag November 2011.
Wow!!! This is a great loaf!!! I made this as written with exception of only needing about 1/2 (or less) of the milk, otherwise I would have needed so much extra flour to need it and roll it out, and I did sprinkle additional sugar over the brushed on milk topping. I had mine warm with a little butter spread on the slices, sooo good!!! I used an online measurement converter to get the required amounts, but the milk was just too much unless you plan on just pouring it into the pan. I did get it to roll up, but you really can't tell it once it baked. I plan to make this again, but won't bother with trying to roll it out and then roll the dough up, will just mix in the chocolate and put it in the pan from the bowl. But either way you make this recipe you will definitely enjoy it, highly recommend you try it!!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for Holiday Tag Game.