1/2 Photos of Chocolate Swirl Quick Bread
1 hr 15 mins
From the Healing Kitchen at wholehealthmd.com. Cinnamon provides a nice warm, spicy undertone to the chocolate in this tea bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl, stir together the egg whites, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- 4Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and stir in the buttermilk mixture until evenly moistened.
- 5Scoop out 2/3 cup of the batter and transfer it to a medium bowl. Add the chocolate syrup and cinnamon and stir until combined.
- 6Spoon the remaining batter into the loaf pan. Drop the chocolate batter onto the vanilla batter and, with a knife, swirl the chocolate batter through the vanilla batter.
- 7Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the loaf in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto the rack to cool completely. Makes 10 slices.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Swirl Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 306.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g