1/1 Photo of Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Simple to make pound cake is adapted from a recipe from Bon Appetit (August,1996).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 2Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and flour pan.
- 3Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light.
- 4Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda and add to butter mixture.
- 5Beat until blended.
- 6Add sour cream and vanilla.
- 7Beat until blended.
- 8Beat in eggs.
- 9Spread half of batter into prepared pan.
- 10Mix chocolate, cinnamon and 2 TB sugar in small bowl.
- 11Sprinkle half of chocolate mixture over batter in pan.
- 12Mix remaining chocolate mixture into remaining batter in bowl.
- 13Pour remaining batter into pan.
- 14With a knife, swirl chocolate mixture into batter.
- 15Bake pound cake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick (or other tester) comes out clean.
- 16Let cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (993 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3538.9
- Calories from Fat 1641
- Total Fat 182.3 g
- Saturated Fat 110.1 g
- Cholesterol 768.2 mg
- Sodium 2556.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 446.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 227.9 g
- Protein 54.0 g