Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious buttery pound cake with ribbons of chocolate swirl. This is a family favorite. Serve with my Simple Chocolate frosting or sprinkle powdered sugar for an extra special treat.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 C). Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3-inch or a 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition until just combined. Spread 3/4 of the batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Spread remaining batter on top.
- Bake the cake in preheated 325 degree F oven for 55 to 60 minutes for the 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf or 65 to 75 minutes for the 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Loosen the edges of the cake. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.