Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 40 mins
Very GOOD, made it for a potluck party....WAS A BIG HIT! Tastes BETTER the day after.....REALLY WOW!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (16 1/2 ounce) boxesbetty crocker chocolate chip muffin mix (premium)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- Heat oven to 375° F, Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook all filling ingredients over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Remove 1/3 cup filing for glaze; set aside.
- Freeze remaining filling 15 minutes until thick like pudding.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together all cake ingredients.
- Spoon half the batter into pan.
- Remove filling from freezer, carefully spoon filling in center of batter to within 1/2-inch of pan edges.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake 50- 65 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack.
- Spoon reserved 1/3 cup filling on cake to glaze, (if too thick, microwave filling on High 10- 15 seconds using microwavable small bowl).
- Cool completely, about one hour.