Recipe by Juenessa
This cake is so easy to put together as it starts out with a Betty Crocker muffin mix. Note: Cake tastes better if you make the day before serving it.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (16 1/2 ounce) boxesbetty crocker premium chocolate chip muffin mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook all filling ingredients over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Remove 1/3 cup filling for glaze; set aside.
- Freeze remaining filling 15 minutes until thick like pudding.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together all cake ingredients.
- Spoon half the batter into pan.
- Remove filling from freezer.
- Carefully spoon filling in center of batter to within 1/2 inch of pan edges.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake 50 to 65 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack.
- Spoon reserved 1/3 cup filling on cake to glaze. (If too thick, microwave filling on High 10 to 15 seconds using microwavable small bowl.).
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Note: Cook time does not include cooling time.