Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Simple Meals at Yahoo Groups.
Make and share this Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a heavy pan over low heat, stirring until smooth; cool to room temperature. Stir in 1 3/4 cups sugar. Beat in 3 eggs; stir in flour. Spread into greased 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Beat together cream cheese and remaining sugar. Add vanilla and remaining egg. Pour over chocolate mixture; swirl batters with a knife. Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely on wire rack.
I swirled the cheese and chocolate batters with a knife, thinking that the chocolate would ooze up where the cheese batter was "cut" and swirled. But the cheese batter stayed mostly on top. I think it would work better if one did a bit of folding in with a rubber spatula. My family found these too sweet, even though I cut the sugar to 2 1/2 cups instead of 3 1/4. The contrasting flavors were good and I will try again, maybe using 1 3/4 cup sugar.
These brownies are just awful. Way too much sugar. I was trying to find a recipe similar to one in a cookbook I have that uses the unsweetened bakers chocolate and this was the only one I could find. I don't even know how I would tweak this recipe, besides use half the sugar. My kids wouldn't even eat these.
the worst.. just no.