Recipe by FrenchBunny
I find this a nice dessert. Great chocolate flavor mix with the cream cheese. I found this recipe in the TV Guide 30 years ago and still make it today. My copy is getting weathered so I am putting it here for safe keeping.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 squares bakers semisweet chocolate (melted and cooled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat with a hand mixer the sugar and cream cheese until well mixed.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Measure 2 cups of the cheese mixture into a small bowl and fold in the chocolate.
- Pour the remaining cheese mixture into a well buttered 9 inch square pan. Add spoonfuls of the chocolate/cheese mixture on top of the plain cheese mixture in the pan. Take a spatula and zig zag through the mixture to give a marbled effect.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool, then chill. Cut into squares and enjoy.