Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Two in one.
- 175 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Chocolate and Vanilla Icing
- 25 g butter
- 50 g baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 100 g white chocolate (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating in one at a time.
- Sift over flour and baking powder and fold into butter mixture.
- Divide the mixture in half. Place one half in a separate bowl and mix in vanilla. Sift cocoa over other half of mixture and fold inches.
- Place alternate tablespoon of mixture into a baking paper-lined 20cm cake tin.
- Swirl the mixtures together with wooden skewer.
- Bake at 180 C for 35 - 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool cake a little. Turn out onto a cake rack and ice when cold.
- Icing: Melt butter and chocolate over a low heat, stir in icing sugar.
- Add water and mix to combine. Spread over cake when cool.
- If you wish to decorate the cake, use a potato peeler and peel white chocolate into curls and sprinkle over icing.