1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Delicious Bundt cake. Coconut vanilla yellow cake surrounds a chocolate-like truffle middle. Be sure you use a 12-cup Bundt cake pan. Take twelve cups of water and fill your Bundt. If 12 cups fit then it will be large enough for this cake. Below is a choice of icing, glaze or frosting, for this cake. Source: The Hershey's Chocolate Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup regular margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup milk, soured*
- 1 cup Hershey's syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
CHOICE OF ICING OR FROSTING IF YOU WISH
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup regular margarine, softened
- 3 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar (1-pound package)
- 1/2 cup Hershey's syrup
- 1 hershey's milk chocolate candy bar, broken into pieces (4 ounces)
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 8 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, broken into pieces**
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1FOR THE VANILLA BATTER: Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Combine flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda and the salt; add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture.
- 2FOR THE CHOCOLATE BATTER: Combine syrup and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Measure 2 cups of the vanilla batter into small bowl; blend in chocolate syrup mixture.
- 3Add coconut to remaining vanilla batter; pour vanilla batter into GREASED and FLOURED 12 cup Bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan. Pour chocolate batter over vanilla batter in pan; DO NOT MIX.
- 4Bake at 350°F about 70 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely; glaze or frost as desired. I served it plain with whipped cream. 12 to 16 servings.
- 5TO MAKE THE ICING: Cream butter and confectioners’ sugar in small mixer bowl; blend in syrup. Melt chocolate bar pieces in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water; add to syrup mixture. Add milk; beat to spreading consistency. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- 6TO MAKE THE GLAZE: Combine chocolate and cream in small saucepan. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; do not boil. Remove from heat; cool, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to thicken, about 10 to 15 minutes. About 1 cup.
- 7TO MAKE CHOCOLATE-COCONUT FROSTING: Combine sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan; blend in evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; remove from heat. Add chocolate bar pieces and butter; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in coconut and nuts. Immediately spread on cake. About 2 cups frosting.
- 8*To sour milk: Use 1 Tablespoon vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup.
- 9**You may substitute 1 1/3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips for the baking chocolate.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Swirl Cake
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1026.2
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 138.7 mg
- Sodium 553.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 149.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 114.6 g
- Protein 10.6 g