1/2 Photos of Chocolate Sweetie Cupcakes
Um Safia's Note:
Cute little cupcakes! Great for the kids to make and for all of us to enjoy. Undecorated they freeze really well so you can prepare them beforehand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas5. Put 18 paper cases into bun tins.
- 2Weigh out 50g of butter and set this aside to make the icing. Add the remaining 125g to the sugar and beat together until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each one. Add 1tbsp of flour with the last egg.
- 3Sift together the remaining flour, baking powder and 25g of the cocoa, then fold into the cake mixture.
- 4Divide between between the cake cases and bake for approx 15 minutes, or until they spring back when pressed lightly. Remove from bun tray and place on wire rack to cool.
- 5To make the icing, put remaining butter in a pan with the milk and golden syrup and heat gently until the better starts to melt. Remove pan from heat and sift in the icing sugar and remaining cocoa. Beat together to create a thick and glossy icing.
- 6Spoon a little onto each cup cake and decorate with the Smarties.
- 7Note: You can use all kinds of sweets to decorate -- feel free to experiment or use your faves!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sweetie Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.1
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 91.1 mg
- Sodium 291.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g