Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Who knew that sweet potatoes, cocoa, agave and semisweet chocolate could make such a delectable frosting? I adapted the recipe from http://www.sandisallergyfreerecipes.net/chocolate-sweet-potato-frosting-dairy-free-refined-sugar-free/ and used it on my gorgeous ricotta cake - nobody could tell it was almost fat free!
- 300 g cooked sweet potatoes, peeled and mashed (about1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1⁄4 cup raw agave nectar or 1⁄4 cup dark honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Whip all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Chill 1 hour before using.