Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
What a nice surprise to bite into your muffin and find the fruit filling. Use muffin tin that makes 6 large muffins.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- cherry preserves or raspberry preserves
- confectioners' sugar
- Line 6 large muffin cups with paper baking cups or grease bottoms.
- Combine dry ingredients; mix well.
- Combine milk, oil, egg and almond extract.
- Add to dry mixture.
- Mix just until moist.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.
- Spoon 2 tsp preserves into center of each.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees for
- 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let muffins stand 5 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Sprinkle cooled muffins with confectioners sugar.