Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
We made this frequently when the kids were young. Everyone enjoyed it - kids and adults.
Make and share this Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, 2 C sugar, cocoa, teaspoon of salt and baking soda together.
- Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla.
- Fill cupcake papers 2/3 full with mixture.
- Mix together until fluffy the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 C sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Add chocolate chips to cream cheese mixture.
- Drop 1 heaping teaspoon on the top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Frost when cool.
These were a hugh hit with my family. I made them for my son's b-day and he loved them. They were easy to make and will be made again. Thanks Mystergirl.
i liked them without frosting. The tops are a little crunchy and the inside was just so moist. I did one batch with the cream cheese on the top of the batter like the instructions say, but did not like it. i then filled half my cupcake pan, then cream cheese and finished filling my pan. this was a lot better when you bite into it. Will try topping with a cream cheese frosting next time for the wife.
We really enjoyed these. They were esy to make and we loved the center. I got 24 cupcakes from this. Next time I will probably make more filling as my kids said they wish the cupcakes had mroe of it. I did not frost htese.....it wasn't needed. Thanks.