We made this frequently when the kids were young. Everyone enjoyed it - kids and adults.
Make and share this Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, 2 C sugar, cocoa, teaspoon of salt and baking soda together.
- Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla.
- Fill cupcake papers 2/3 full with mixture.
- Mix together until fluffy the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 C sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Add chocolate chips to cream cheese mixture.
- Drop 1 heaping teaspoon on the top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Frost when cool.