Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Make and share this Chocolate Surprise Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream the butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in wide bowl.
- Take the chilled dough, roll into 1 tablespoon balls.
- Working with one ball of dough at a time, press one rolo into the center and then form the dough into a ball.
- Roll in the sugar and transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with all the dough balls, space the cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before removing from the baking sheet.