Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a modified recipe from Light & Tasty magazine. It's great when served still warm, and is amazingly low in fat! The cake is very moist and rises nicely.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- Cool Whip
- chocolate syrup
- caramel ice cream topping
- Mix cake mix with pumpkin, mixture will be thick.
- Bake according to box directions in a 9 x 13" pan.
- Cool cake. When serving, top with cool whip and drizzle with syrups for a pretty presentation.
Bakes up surprisingly well. For a little character try adding 1 tsp molasses + 1 tbsp water.