Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Cool, creamy layers over a buttery crust laced with pecans. One of our family favorites. I guessed on the amount of Cool Whip - you need two cups plus enough for the top layer. Cook time includes one hour of chilling.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted, plus more
- chopped pecans, for garnishing if desired (optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip (thawed)
- 3 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 1⁄2-5 cups milk
- Mix together flour, butter and pecans until well combined; press into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 375 for 10 - 12 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups Cool Whip. Spread over crust and chill for about 1 hour.
- Mix the pudding mixes and milk; beat until thick. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with another layer of Cool Whip, and pecans if desired. Keep covered in refrigerator.