I wanted to get more flax seeds in my diet so I came up with these super chocolately cupcakes that have a ton of flax seeds in them. Plus they taste just like a boxed cake mix.
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spray some cupcake liners with nonstick cooking spray and immediately spoon in the batter. Don't let it sit for too long otherwise it can get really thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool and enjoy.
- Note: Makes 6 cupcakes. Each cupcake has 4 teaspoons of ground flaxseed, about 2.13g of Omega 3s, and about 140 calories. If not sweet enough for you, you can add more stevia or sugar or use fruit juice instead of water.