Prep 1 min
Cook 20 mins
These are yummy tidbits that are good for tossing in a salad or just eating a small handful if you're craving chocolate. I wanted to try this with nuts but didn't have enough so I used sunflower seeds and was pleased with the results.
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (or canola, something neutral)
- Put the sunflower seeds in a bowl, and sprinkle the sugar and cocoa powder over them but don't mix yet.
- Add the oil and stir with a large fork or whisk until the seeds are fully coated with the chocolate-y mixture.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet and bake at 300F for 20-25 minutes or until desired crunchiness is reached (careful not to burn though!).
- Let cool before storing, will keep for about 1-2 weeks.