Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I needed some chocolate. And I needed it fast. from www.puffpastry.com. I used sugar free ice cream and forgot the walnuts. Think I'll try it with milk chocolate and peanuts next.
- 6 frozen puff pastry shells
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Bake pastry shells according to pkg. directions. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
- Place chocolate and butter in saucepan. Heat until chocolate softens. Stir until smooth.
- Place a scoop of ice cream in each pastry shell. Spoon warm chocolate mixture over ice cream. Sprinkle with nuts. (Chocolate mixture will harden making a "chocolate shell".).
- TIP: To microwave sauce, place chocolate and butter in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minute or until chocolate softens. Stir until smooth.