1/2 Photos of Chocolate Suicide Cake
Mrs. Muffins's Note:
Yes, suicide, because when you taste it, you will die!!! It's sooo good! If you want to make it vegan, use vegan chocolate instead of regular. F.Y.I., the soy milk may be replaced with regular milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup safflower oil, plus some for pan
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla soymilk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups fudgy chocolate frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Oil a 13 x 9 inch baking pan, set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips, set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the oil, soy milk, applesauce, and vanilla, stirring until smooth, set aside.
- 4In the top of a double boiler or in a medium metal bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring just until smooth.
- 5Add the oil mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, stirring until smooth. Stir in the vinegar.
- 6Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake springs back when lightly touched in the center and begins to pull away from the sides of the pan. Thoroughly cool on a cooling rack before frosting with Fudgy Chocolate Frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Suicide Cake
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.2
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 425.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 62.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g