Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was presented at a taste of home cooking school, and is a delectable twist on the classic "monkey bread" recipe! Great for potlucks or school events!
- 24 pieces Rhodes frozen rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional if there’s an issue/allergy with nuts) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Cut rolls in half.
- Wrap each half around 1 teaspoon chocolate morsels and completely enclose (roll into ball around chips).
- In a bowl, mix sugar, cocoa and cinnamon.
- Roll each roll half in the mixture until well coated.
- Place in a large fluted pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture, and pecans over rolls.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, stir together brown sugar and butter.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir well, pour over rolls.
- Cover with plastic wrap (coat wrap with nonstick spray to prevent sticking) and let rise until to the top of the pan (about 1 hour).
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cover with foil during last 10 minutes of baking if top browns too quickly.
- Invert immediately onto serving platter.
My family loves Monkey Bread and I thought this would be a nice change...however, we were ALL very disappointed. It lacked flavor and you had to eat too much roll to get to the chocolate. Sorry I could not give more stars.