Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A winner from the Betty Crocker's Cookies and Bars cookbooklet.
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 36 one-inch reese peanut butter cups
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350º. Grease bottom and sides of 13x9 pan.
- Beat brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, vanilla and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut 12 of the candies in fourths. Stir in cut-up candies and chocolate chips into batter. Spread in pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Immediately press remaining candies into brownies in 4 even rows of 6 candies each. Cool completely. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
My family really enjoyed these bars. I added peanut butter chips to the mix.
We thought these were pretty good! I think I'd add more chocolate and peanut butter next time. The texture was great, but the peanut butter taste didn't come through as much as we would've liked. Thanks for sharing!
Yummy! My two favourite flavours - chocolate & peanut butter - in one delicious square! These are very rich & filling. Because the bag of mini pb cups I bought only had 27 cups in it, I increased the chocolate chips to 1 cup. When you cut this pan into 24 bars, they are quite large. The next time I make them, I will buy 2 bags of mini pb cups & cut into more squares.