Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can make this ahead! I found this on an LJ cooking community.
Make and share this Chocolate Stuffed French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut the French bread into 6 slices, each, 1 1/2 inches thick. Using a small, sharp knife, cut 2 inch long slits in one side of each bread slice, cutting 3/4 of the way through the bread, to create a pocket. Spoon heaping 2 tablespoons of chips into the pocket of each bread slice, press to close.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar in medium bowl.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with vegetable spray. Place filled slices into prepared baking pan. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread, carefully turn pieces over, spooning mixture in pan over top bread. Cover pan with plastic wrap, refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer toast to plates. Serve with whipped cream and maple syrup if desired.
- This recipe can also be made using butterscotch, cinnamon, or toffee chips as well, or combinations! Have fun, and enjoy!