Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a dream come true!! 8)
Top Review by Apostolic
I've made this recipe for years, always with great results. My recipe calls for 1 2/3 C. flour, which is mixed with the powdered sugar and cocoa. I always use real butter and a little extra vanilla. It's really best when you let it cool to room temperature or from the fridge. One more thing, when you pat the crust down, be sure and put a little "lip" around the edges, so that the cream cheese mixture doesn't touch the pan. The bars come out cleaner and easier that way.
- 1 1⁄16 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup cold margarine or 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the cocoa & sugar.
- Cut in the butter/margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Save 2 cups of crumbly mixture,and set aside for now.
- Using the remaining crumb mix, press onto bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking,in large bowl, beat the cream cheese, until fluffy.
- Gradually add in the condensed milk, beating until smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract; combine well.
- Pour mixture over baked crust layer.
- Mix the chopped nuts with crumb mix, pour over cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Let cool, then refrigerate to chill and firm, then cut into bars.