Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
All my friends are chocolate fiends; this one is their most requested. These stay moist and chewy. Recipe came from McCalls years ago.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In lg.
- bowl mix flour, sugar, and cocoa.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 2 cups crumbs.
- Press remaining crumbs in bottom of 13 by 9 inch pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- In lg.
- bowl beat cream cheese till fluffy.
- At med speed gradually beat in milk.
- Add egg and vanilla; blend well.
- Pour over crust.
- Add choc.
- chips and walnuts to reserved crumbs.
- Crumble over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
My oldest Dornette was coming home for the weekend and these were just coming out of the oven and she walked through the door! How's that for timing? I baked them and they came out easily since I lined the baking pan with parchment paper. I had to make another batch last night so she could take them back with her up north. This was decided at 10 PM. Next time she's gets a printout of the recipe and a shopping list, but believe me, it was worth baking these last night again, I got another brownie as a treat!
The ingredients looked so promising & I followed the directions exactly. They were NOT even edible! I let them sit overnite in the fridge, but they still were not edible. I am a chocoholic, but I think there was definately too much cocoa. Sorry !
This was an excellent brownie. Something just a little bit different. We also thought the cream cheese center just made them. Thanks for posting such a delicious recipe.