Recipe by MizzNezz
All my friends are chocolate fiends; this one is their most requested. These stay moist and chewy. Recipe came from McCalls years ago.
Top Review by Mirj
My oldest Dornette was coming home for the weekend and these were just coming out of the oven and she walked through the door! How's that for timing? I baked them and they came out easily since I lined the baking pan with parchment paper. I had to make another batch last night so she could take them back with her up north. This was decided at 10 PM. Next time she's gets a printout of the recipe and a shopping list, but believe me, it was worth baking these last night again, I got another brownie as a treat!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In lg.
- bowl mix flour, sugar, and cocoa.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 2 cups crumbs.
- Press remaining crumbs in bottom of 13 by 9 inch pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- In lg.
- bowl beat cream cheese till fluffy.
- At med speed gradually beat in milk.
- Add egg and vanilla; blend well.
- Pour over crust.
- Add choc.
- chips and walnuts to reserved crumbs.
- Crumble over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.