Recipe by Chef mariajane
These are so delicious, another great recipe for the Holiday Season!! I'm always looking for a new one to add to my list for that time of year -
- 1 3⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup cold butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl. combine the flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in the margarine until crumbly (mixture will be dry). Reserving 2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder in bottom of 13x9 baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Pour over prepared crust.
- Combine nuts with reserved crumb mixture. Sprinkle evenly over cheese mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Store covered in refrigerator.