Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My FIL sent me an email with links to about 200 recipes. This one sounds really good. I'm guessing at prep time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and cocoa.
- Cut in the margarine until crumbly (mixture will be dry).
- Reserving 2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder in bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl beat cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Pour over prepared crust. Celsius.
- ombine nuts with reserved crumb mixture. Sprinkle evenly over cheese mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
This is a WONDERFUL, EASY recipe that I've been making for 6 or 7 years...ALWAYS comes out wonderful. A couple suggestions, when you press the crust in the pan, make a short "lip" around the edges. This keeps the filling from touching the pan, and the bars come out cleaner. Also, be mixing up the filling (#6 through#8) while the crust is baking (#5), you pull it out of the oven and pour the filling right over the top of the crust. Another thing I do is only reserve about 1 3/4 C of the mixture to sprinkle on the top. And, since these are so very rich, I cut them more into squares than bars. Make sure they're cool before you cut them!