Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Special Sunday Waffles
- 3 eggs, Separated
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, Melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups strawberries, Sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- NOTE: Use a Belgian Waffle Maker or reduce batter portion to 1/4 cup per waffle and cooking time to 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes per waffle.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar together.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sour cream, milk and chocolate syrup.
- Mix the oil with the melted butter, using a small bowl.
- Add the sour cream mixture - alternate
- with the oil and butter mixture - to
- the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour 1/2 Cup of batter into a lightly greased waffle maker (see NOTE above).
- Bake for 4 or 5 minutes or until the steaming stops.
- Repeat for the remainder of the batch of waffles.
- Whip the whipped cream until stiff and fluffy but not dry.
- Top hot waffles with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
- Serve at once.
Don't save these for just Sunday's... They are great any day of the week!
Yummy! I made this using Lee Lee's Famous Chocolate Sauce for Ice Cream for the chocolate sauce. This recipe made 3 belgian waffles and the whole family enjoyed this special treat. In addition to the strawberries and whip cream, I garnished the finished waffles with chocolate curls and drizzled them with chcocolate syrup, thanks for sharing!