1/2 Photos of Chocolate Strawberry Waffles
Special Sunday Waffles
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: Use a Belgian Waffle Maker or reduce batter portion to 1/4 cup per waffle and cooking time to 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes per waffle.
- 2Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- 3Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar together.
- 4Beat the egg yolks with the sour cream, milk and chocolate syrup.
- 5Mix the oil with the melted butter, using a small bowl.
- 6Add the sour cream mixture - alternate
- 7with the oil and butter mixture - to
- 8the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- 9Fold in the egg whites.
- 10Pour 1/2 Cup of batter into a lightly greased waffle maker (see NOTE above).
- 11Bake for 4 or 5 minutes or until the steaming stops.
- 12Repeat for the remainder of the batch of waffles.
- 13Whip the whipped cream until stiff and fluffy but not dry.
- 14Top hot waffles with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
- 15Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Strawberry Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1737.9
- Calories from Fat 1107
- Total Fat 123.0 g
- Saturated Fat 59.6 g
- Cholesterol 580.4 mg
- Sodium 1245.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 29.9 g