Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chocolate Strawberry Volcano
- 1 (18 ounce) package brownie mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup hot fudge topping, warmed
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, thawed
- Preheat oven to directions on brownie package.
- Grease and flour a round cake pan and a 8 x 8-inch square pan.
- Prepare brownies as directed on package.
- Spoon 1/2 of the batter evenly in the round cake pan and the other
- half evenly in the square pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of
- the brownie comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Combine sugar, strawberries and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and gently boil
- for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to saucepan,
- whisking until thickened.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Cut the brownies in the square pan into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Spoon mixture over brownie in the round pan. Sprinkle brownie
- cubes and walnuts on top.
- Drizzle with warmed hot fudge sauce over top of dessert.
- Cut into wedges to serve.