Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everyone loves these cookies! Easy and delicious. From Martha Stewart Living. Cook time does not count time to refrigerate dough.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 6 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces strawberries, stemmed and finely diced
- Sift flour, cocoa, and salt into a bowl; set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- Put butter and 1/4 cup of sugar into the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment; mix on medium until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in yolk, vanilla, and chocolate. Reduce speed to low. Mix in flour mixture until just combined.
- Refrigerate, covered, one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Put 6 teaspoons of sugar into a bowl. Form dough into 3/4 balls; roll in sugar to coat.
- Space 1 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press center of each ball with your thumb.
- Bake 10 minutes. Press centers again with a wooden spoon, 3/4 inch indentations. Bake until slightly cracked and set; about 5 minutes more.
- Cool completely on racks.
- Stir cream cheese and confectioners sugar in a small bowl.
- Toss berries with remaining 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar in another bowl.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into center of cookies; top with strawberries.
Very good and fun to make. I used milk chocolate chips instead of the semisweet however. I also only made about 1 dozen cookies - maybe I made my cookie balls too big though. Thanks for sharing!
These were delicious!!! I loved the strawberry topping. Everything was just the right combination. Thank you