1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
susie cooks's Note:
Everyone loves these cookies! Easy and delicious. From Martha Stewart Living. Cook time does not count time to refrigerate dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 6 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces strawberries, stemmed and finely diced
- 1Sift flour, cocoa, and salt into a bowl; set aside.
- 2Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- 3Put butter and 1/4 cup of sugar into the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment; mix on medium until pale and fluffy.
- 4Mix in yolk, vanilla, and chocolate. Reduce speed to low. Mix in flour mixture until just combined.
- 5Refrigerate, covered, one hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F Put 6 teaspoons of sugar into a bowl. Form dough into 3/4 balls; roll in sugar to coat.
- 7Space 1 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press center of each ball with your thumb.
- 8Bake 10 minutes. Press centers again with a wooden spoon, 3/4 inch indentations. Bake until slightly cracked and set; about 5 minutes more.
- 9Cool completely on racks.
- 10Stir cream cheese and confectioners sugar in a small bowl.
- 11Toss berries with remaining 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar in another bowl.
- 12Spoon cream cheese mixture into center of cookies; top with strawberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 26.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g