Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate loosely covered.
Make and share this Chocolate Strawberry Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 33 social tea biscuits
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 28 ounces strawberries, rinsed, patted dry, cap ends cut straight across, put cut sides down on paper towels
- Heat oven to 350°F Coat a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable sides with nonstick spray.
- Crust: Break cookies into food processor. Add nuts and sugar; pulse until fine crumbs form. Add egg white; pulse just to blend. Press evenly over bottom and up sides of tart pan. Freeze 10 minutes, or until firm. Cover crust with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes more, or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make Filling: Heat cream and butter over medium heat until butter melts. Remove from heat, add chocolate chips and let stand 2 minutes to melt. Whisk until blended and smooth. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour until cool but still pourable. Pour into crust. Place strawberries cut sides down on filling. Refrigerate at least 2 hours for filling to set.
- To serve: Put tart pan on a small, sturdy bowl; let sides fall down. Gently slide tart off pan bottom onto a serving plate.