1/3 Photos of Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
1 hr 30 mins
Light and not too sweet or rich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
Filling and Topping
- 1Mix and bake cake ingredients according to box.
- 2Cool cakes completely.
- 3While the cakes are baking and/or cooling, slice strawberries, coat with white sugar and let sit in fridge until ready to put together. Leave some for garnish.
- 4Once cakes are cool, start mixing the whipped cream.
- 5In a large bowl beat the cream until it thickens.
- 6Add the vanilla, confectioners sugar, and marshmallows (to stabilize).
- 7Assemble cake.
- 8Place first layer on a cake plate with a small amount of jam to hold it.
- 9Spread jar of jam on the top of the first layer.
- 10Spread 1/4 of cream on top of jam making a dam and indent in the middle for sugar strawberries.
- 11Place 3/4 of the strawberries in indent.
- 12Spread 1/4 of the cream on top of the strawberries and cover with top layer of cake.
- 13Ice cake with remainder of the whipped cream making an indent again in the middle for the rest of the sugar strawberries.
- 14Garnish with large strawberries previously set aside.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.8
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 200.0 mg
- Sodium 441.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g