Recipe by Tona C.
This is real easy and everybody seemed to like it. From the kitchen of Chris Court, Saint Louis MO.
- 2 pints strawberries, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (9 inch) chocolate cake layers (any box mix baked according to package directions)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- chocolate-dipped strawberry (optional)
- 3 squares baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix strawberries, sugar and vanilla. Spoon 1/2 of the strawberries on 1 cake layer. Drizzle with 1/2 the chocolate glaze; top with 1/2 the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with chocolate-dipped strawberries, if desired. Refrigerate.
- To prepare chocolate glaze, microwave chocolate, water and margarine in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes until chocolate is almost melted, stirring once. Remove from microwave and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla until smooth. For thinner glaze, add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon additional water.
- NOTE: Recipe time does not include baking the chocolate cake mix.