Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Want to wow them? This easy dessert will do it! Put a dollop of freshly whipped cream on top, and you'll have them drooling!!
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine baking mix, cocoa and nutmeg in med bowl.
- Add yogurt, honey and oil; stir until a soft dough forms.
- Drop by lg spoonfuls onto lightly sprayed baking sheet, 1 inch apart, forming 6 shortcakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Mix berries and sugar.
- Slice each shortcake in half; divide berries among bottom halves.
- Put on the tops.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
I am so excited to be the first to review this fantastic recipe!! I have been craving something chocolate and strawberreis all morning long (3 months pregnant...) and the first recipe I tried was a total flop that not only tasted terrible but ruined my waffle maker. (Hint: Marshmallows + waffle maker = Bad Idea.) Finally I came across this recipe, made it up quick and now I am a very happy mama (as are my 2 kids who loved this too!!) This is a very simple recipe made with ingredients I always have on hand, and it's quite low-cal too for a dessert...or breakfast as it was in my case. Loved the nutmeg flavor! And the more strawberries and whipped cream you use the better!!