Recipe by shysavsianna
Just a fun twist on an old favorite.
Top Review by GoodnPlentiful
This was a HUGE hit! At first, the dough seemed very thick and wouldn't spread in the pans so I ended up using one pan and cutting it in half. This resulted in the top breaking but, as unattractive as the final product looked, it was still amazing. I was concerned that it might be dry but, with all the whipped cream and chocolate syrup, this was so ooey gooey. Four adults and two small kids ended up eating the entire thing. Well done!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Grease two 9 inch cake pans.
- Combine first 6 ingredients. But in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, until just moistened.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Strawberries and 1/4 C sugar, let stand 10 minutes.
- Cover shortcake with strawberry mix and whipped cream. Lay shortcake on top and add remaining strawberries and cream. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.