Recipe by YummySmellsca
I took the leftover No - Berry Strawberry Rhubarb Cake from our summer BBQ and beat it with a scoop of plain, non-fat yoghurt, rich cream cheese and milk to make a mock cookie dough. Topped with crushed cookies and baked into two-bite morsels, they made perfect sandwich cookies for my Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting!
- 29.58 ml soft cream cheese
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 9 inch strawberry cake, crumbled (like No - Berry Strawberry Rhubarb Cake)
- 78.07 ml non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 44.37 ml whole milk
- crushed arrowroot or vanilla wafer cookie, for topping
- 133.10 ml chocolate frosting, for filling (like Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Beat the cream cheese and vanilla until softened and creamy.
- Add the cake, yoghurt and milk, beating well to form a moist "cookie-like" dough.
- Scoop 36 small balls of dough and place on the sheets. Flatten slightly with damp fingers and top with cookie crumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely on the sheets.
- Sandwich two cookies with 1/2 tbsp of the Sweet Potato Frosting and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge.