Recipe by Cathy17
Another from Atco Blue Flame Kitchen. I never have luck with pies and this looks like something that can be successful for me! POsted it for the strawberry swap, so I hope someone tries it because I already have a huge list of recipes that have been tagged!
Top Review by Jxenja
I made this for father's day and it was a big hit. Many requested me to make it again. I think I didn't beat it long enough to make it fluff up, I added in a second batch to fill the piecrust. It was very solid and rich. Delicious, but next time I will beat it longer to try to fluff it up. This is my new favorite dessert! Thanks, Cathy!
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate wafer pie crust (from grocery store)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together chocolate chips, cream cheese, honey and vanilla until fluffy.
- Spread mixture in crumb crust.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Lightly press halved strawberries, cut side down, into top of cream cheese mixture after refrigeration.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate squares and drizzle before serving.
- Refrigerate pie for up to 4 hours.
- cooking time does not include chilling time.