Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
An unexpected delight! A good diversion from the usual desserts from The Food Network's "Everyday Italian". Literally a dessert sandwich!
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 12 slices poundcake (appx. 1/2 inch thick)
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled and very thinly sliced
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Heat a panini grill to medium according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Spread the chocolate-hazelnut spread over 1 side of all of the pound cake slices. Arrange the sliced strawberries over 6 cake slices. Cover with the remaining cake slices, chocolate side down.
- Spray panini grill with nonstick spray and grill each panino until the pound cake is crisp and golden and the fillings are warm, about 2 minutes. Cut each panini in half and serve.
This is wonderful-
So yummy! The poundcake was so nice and soft, a real treat! Don't have a panini grill, so just seared it in a skillet with a pat of butter. Had no problems with it crumbling. I cut the recipe to make only 2 sandwiches (one for each of us) and found myself wishing I'd made more! Great treat for Nutella nuts!
Yum yum yum! Found my pound cake did better in one inch thick slices, but really loved these!