An unexpected delight! A good diversion from the usual desserts from The Food Network's "Everyday Italian". Literally a dessert sandwich!
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 12 slices poundcake (appx. 1/2 inch thick)
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled and very thinly sliced
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Heat a panini grill to medium according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Spread the chocolate-hazelnut spread over 1 side of all of the pound cake slices. Arrange the sliced strawberries over 6 cake slices. Cover with the remaining cake slices, chocolate side down.
- Spray panini grill with nonstick spray and grill each panino until the pound cake is crisp and golden and the fillings are warm, about 2 minutes. Cut each panino in half and serve.