Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw Sunny Anderson make this on her show today and it looked so good!! You can use sugar-free jello mix for a low-sugar pie and sugar-free whipped topping to make for low-sugar dessert! This is great to make for potlucks or other get-togethers and be made in advanced and just chill out until it's ready to serve! This dessert is made in layers, the salty pretzel crust, the chocolate cream cheese layer, the jello, and finally the whipped topping layer and topped with chocolate shavings!! This should chill for at least 3-4 hours or until set completely.
- 2 cups pretzels, lightly broken
- unsalted butter, melted
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 cups heavy cream, chilled, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 6 ounces strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups frozen chopped strawberries, thawed
- 1 ounce piece semisweet chocolate bar, for shaving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 13 by 9-inch pan, add the pretzels, butter, and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Stir to combine. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer or a medium bowl with a hand-mixer, add the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder, and beat until well blended. In a clean bowl, combine 2 cups of the heavy cream, vanilla, 1 tablespoon sugar, and a pinch of salt and beat until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and spread it evenly over the cooled pretzel crust.
- Add the pineapple juice to a small pot over medium-high heat, and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, add the gelatin powder and stir to dissolve. Add the strawberries and let mixture come to room temperature or quick chill it over a bowl filled with ice water while whisking. Pour the gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Whip the remaining 2 cups of heavy cream with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. When the strawberry gelatin layer is set, smooth the whipped cream over the top and sprinkle evenly with chocolate shavings. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
i made this recipe today and i was the talk of the party. it was really good. everyone wanted the recipe. i don't have any leftover. Great
I am making this tonight!! I am very excited to try it :)