I found this on a box of cake mix years ago, I don't remember the brand. We love strawberries and chocolate and this cake didn't disappoint. I have also made using orange cake mix instead, with good results.
My Private Note
bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package strawberry cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) container chocolate frosting (ready to spread)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour (I use Bakers Ease) a 12 cup bundt pan.
- 3Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- 4Pour 3/4 of the batter into the bundt pan.
- 5Add the melted chocolate to the remaining batter in the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 6Carefully spoon this mixture in a narrow ring on top of the existing batter in the pan, taking care to keep it away from the edges.
- 7Bake according to you particular mix's directions, mine calls for 35-30 minute.
- 8Cool in pan for 10-15 min and then remove to wire rack to complete cooling.
- 9Once, cool, heat the frosting in microwave for about 15 sec to warm to a pourable glaze and pour over top of cake.
- 10If you like a lot, use the whole tub, I usually only use 1/2, and save the rest for another use.
- 11Of course, If you have a favorite from scratch chocolate glaze, you can easily substitute it.
- 12I use the ready made in this instance for the sheer convienence.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Strawberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 83.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry cake mix