Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this on a box of cake mix years ago, I don't remember the brand. We love strawberries and chocolate and this cake didn't disappoint. I have also made using orange cake mix instead, with good results.
- 1 (18 ounce) package strawberry cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) container chocolate frosting (ready to spread)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour (I use Bakers Ease) a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour 3/4 of the batter into the bundt pan.
- Add the melted chocolate to the remaining batter in the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Carefully spoon this mixture in a narrow ring on top of the existing batter in the pan, taking care to keep it away from the edges.
- Bake according to you particular mix's directions, mine calls for 35-30 minute.
- Cool in pan for 10-15 min and then remove to wire rack to complete cooling.
- Once, cool, heat the frosting in microwave for about 15 sec to warm to a pourable glaze and pour over top of cake.
- If you like a lot, use the whole tub, I usually only use 1/2, and save the rest for another use.
- Of course, If you have a favorite from scratch chocolate glaze, you can easily substitute it.
- I use the ready made in this instance for the sheer convienence.