I found this on a box of cake mix years ago, I don't remember the brand. We love strawberries and chocolate and this cake didn't disappoint. I have also made using orange cake mix instead, with good results.
My Private Note
bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package strawberry cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) container chocolate frosting (ready to spread)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour (I use Bakers Ease) a 12 cup bundt pan.
- 3Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- 4Pour 3/4 of the batter into the bundt pan.
- 5Add the melted chocolate to the remaining batter in the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 6Carefully spoon this mixture in a narrow ring on top of the existing batter in the pan, taking care to keep it away from the edges.
- 7Bake according to you particular mix's directions, mine calls for 35-30 minute.
- 8Cool in pan for 10-15 min and then remove to wire rack to complete cooling.
- 9Once, cool, heat the frosting in microwave for about 15 sec to warm to a pourable glaze and pour over top of cake.
- 10If you like a lot, use the whole tub, I usually only use 1/2, and save the rest for another use.
- 11Of course, If you have a favorite from scratch chocolate glaze, you can easily substitute it.
- 12I use the ready made in this instance for the sheer convienence.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Strawberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 83.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry cake mix