Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from a recipe chat board. You can use 2 qts fresh strawberries, sliced in place of the frozen strawberries.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups strawberry Cool Whip
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 36 ounces frozen strawberries, Thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Make Cake According To Directions.
- Mix Together Cream Cheese, Coolwhip, Powdered Sugar.
- When Cake Is Cool, Cut In 3 Layers, Or Use 2-8" Round Cut In Half, Place A Layer On Cake Plate, Smear Layer Of Cream Cheese Mixture And Add Layer Of Strawberries, Place Another Layer Cake, Cream Cheese Mixture, Strawberries, Place Last Layer Cake, Then Strawberries, Then Cream Cheese Mixture. Refrigerate And Eat.
- After Slicing A Layer On A 13x9 Cake, Use Your Flexable Cutting Sheet/board To Slide Inbetween Layers So You Can Pick It Up In One Piece. (i Learned That The Hard Way).