Recipe by Bubblehead17
It sounds a little fancy but it is to die for! If chocolate covered strawberries are your thing then you have to try this. It is creamy and sort of thick like a bubble tea milkshake. But very yummy. Note :Minute tapioca pearls can be found in Asian supermarkets and are grey in the package.
Top Review by threeovens
This is fantastically delicious! It is chocolately, but the fruit flavor comes through. The tapioca "bubbles" make it fun! It is also a good way to get Mrs. I-Dont-Drink-Milk to drink milk. I used coconut milk, as found in the dairy section, not the can.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup tea, base
- 1 cup frozen strawberries or 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 3 teaspoons sugar substitute or 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar syrup
- 2 -4 tablespoons tapioca
Directions See How It's Made
- If using frozen strawberries put into colander and run hot water over them until soft and defrosted.
- Place strawberries into food processor or blender with 1 1/2 tsp of sugar or Splenda. Blend until pureed. This should make about 1/2 cup of strawberry puree.
- Put chocolate chips and remaining 1 1/2 tsp of sugar into a small microwaveable bowl and place in microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
- Stir, then microwave for about 10-15 seconds more until thoroughly melted.
- Pour 2 tsp water into bowl of melted chocolate and stir until the chocolate has the consistency of water chocolate sauce.
- Pour tea base, milk, strawberry puree, melted chocolate sauce, and sugar syrup into cocktail shaker or thermos and shake for about 10 seconds or until frothy on surface.
- Place tapioca pearl into bottom of tall glass and pour shaken mixture over it.
- Add Ice and serve with bubble tea straw. Enjoy!