It sounds a little fancy but it is to die for! If chocolate covered strawberries are your thing then you have to try this. It is creamy and sort of thick like a bubble tea milkshake. But very yummy. Note :Minute tapioca pearls can be found in Asian supermarkets and are grey in the package.
- If using frozen strawberries put into colander and run hot water over them until soft and defrosted.
- Place strawberries into food processor or blender with 1 1/2 tsp of sugar or Splenda. Blend until pureed. This should make about 1/2 cup of strawberry puree.
- Put chocolate chips and remaining 1 1/2 tsp of sugar into a small microwaveable bowl and place in microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
- Stir, then microwave for about 10-15 seconds more until thoroughly melted.
- Pour 2 tsp water into bowl of melted chocolate and stir until the chocolate has the consistency of water chocolate sauce.
- Pour tea base, milk, strawberry puree, melted chocolate sauce, and sugar syrup into cocktail shaker or thermos and shake for about 10 seconds or until frothy on surface.
- Place tapioca pearl into bottom of tall glass and pour shaken mixture over it.
- Add Ice and serve with bubble tea straw. Enjoy!